rawhide report: 20091104 changes - excluding noarch packages

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Nov 4 17:39:06 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-04 at 17:20 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
> So a noarch script package that depends on its arch script interpreter
> (e.g. all python and perl packages) should be arch packages?

And bash for that matter.

This is a known problem with rpm/koji.  The distinction between "noarch"
and "arch specific" is a difficult one to draw.  We do have support in
our compose tools to look up an srpm and determine whether or not a
noarch rpm has Exclude/ExclusiveArch settings (since that data doesn't
propagate to the noarch rpm itself).  What we don't have just yet is
code in koji to detect a noarch build that has Exclude/ExclusiveArch
settings and avoid sending said build to one of those arches.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!