help debugging segfault with alienarena 7.32

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Nov 4 22:26:43 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 16:12:40 -0500,
  Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 11/03/2009 03:23 PM, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
>
> Well, it turned out to be a lot more complicated than that. Alienarena
> uses OpenAL-soft, which dlopens portaudio if it is present. Portaudio is

Are you able to adjust the volume when using pulse? I am having a problem
with glest (that also uses OpenAL-soft), and I think it is probably an
OpenAL-soft issue, but I don't know for sure. I also tried telling OpenAL-soft
to use a pulse plugin and that just caused glest to hang. If the problem
is with glest, I need to figure it out. If it is with OpenAL-soft I need to
make sure proper bugs have been filed against it.