cvs-import.sh problem

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 15:41:22 UTC 2009

2009/11/7 Jarosław Górny <jaroslav at aster.pl>:
> Hi,
> CVS branches for my first package were created couple of days ago.
> Today I've set up my account (I think correctly), did a successful checkout,
> but I can't import sources:
>
> <code>
> [jaroslav at moonstone mpdscribble]$ ./common/cvs-import.sh -b F-11 -m "Initial
> import (#477542)" ../../mpdscribble-0.18.1-1.fc12.src.rpm
> Checking out module: 'mpdscribble'
> Unpacking source package: mpdscribble-0.18.1-1.fc12.src.rpm...
> L mpdscribble-0.18.1.tar.bz2
> A mpdscribble.init.d
> A mpdscribble.spec
>
> Checking : mpdscribble-0.18.1.tar.bz2 on
> https://cvs.fedoraproject.org/repo/pkgs/upload.cgi...
> ERROR: could not check remote file status
> make: *** [upload] Błąd 255
> ERROR: Uploading the source tarballs failed!
> </code>
>
> Is it me doing sth. wrong (or not configured properly)? Please help me,

It looks OK to me. Try going to the root dir of the package and doing
another 'cvs update'. Then change into F-11 (or which ever one) and
then I would do a "../common/cvs-import.sh ~/path/to/pacakge.rpm" then
a 'cvs update' then 'make build' and take it from there. I would
generally do that on devel and then just copy source .cvsignore and
package.rpm to the various branches from there.

Peter