GRUB2 In Fedora

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sun Nov 8 19:44:15 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-08 at 14:34 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > why don't we make it official that we're the new-old-grub upstream and
> > give it a shiny new name and a website? it's not like we're not the
> > upstream for half the rest of the stack, it'd hardly be a radical new
> > venture...

Well we do have a public git repo that consists of grub1 + our changes.
Our grub package consists of the last upstream grub1 source + all our
patches from our git repo on top of it.  I think Peter has been working
with other distros that are still on grub1.

> Wouldn't it be easier to work with GRUB2 folks to add the missing
> features we need?

In theory yes, that's how it's supposed to go.  In practice, with grub,
it doesn't work that way.  From what I gather they just aren't
interested in working on the things we need at this point in grub2's
development.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!