Fedora 12 has gone gold

Roberto Ragusa mail at robertoragusa.it
Tue Nov 10 13:10:03 UTC 2009

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Hopefully Nouveau gets 3D support within a couple of releases as well.
> Getting rid of the biggest pain of proprietary drivers would be one
> giant step forward for Linux on the desktop.

It would be wonderful.
Sometimes you have no choice for the hardware; if you get the wrong
laptop, bad luck.

For my job, I got an ATI thinkpad when ATI was not open.
Now that ATI is open, bad luck gave me an NVidia.
I'm sure Noveau will make great progress and in the mean time
I will be assigned an Intel one (the new bad ones). :-)

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it