Conservative preupgrade

Alexander Boström abo at root.snowtree.se
Thu Nov 12 22:12:54 UTC 2009

tor 2009-11-12 klockan 20:02 +0000 skrev Richard Hughes:

> Tomorrow I'll push a F11 update disabling the preupgrade
> functionality. This will give us enough time to fix things, and then
> we can "flip the switch" with another PK update in a few weeks that
> re-enables the upgrade functionality.

There is the option of a "conservative" preupgrade integration.

By that I mean that PK would suggest an upgrade only when the currently
installed release has reached end of life and it would then suggest an
upgrade to the next release rather than the latest release (which would
probably be +2 from what's currently running.)

The advantages and disadvantages to the Fedora users and the Fedora
project are obvious...

/abo