Fedora 12 staged for mirrors, rawhide moving on soon

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Nov 13 04:52:16 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 16:09 -0800, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> For heaven's sake, no!
>
> Don't you realize this means a ton of *users* will start to bog down the
> mirrors before the whole data set has propagated through the network?

I'm not sure what you're expecting, but users will only be able to get
to the Everything tree, which is nearly 100% hardlinks into the
development/ tree.  There are no isos, no install images, nothing but
rpms and repodata.  They will not be able to get to the isos which are
behind locked dirs.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!