Identifying remaining core font users

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Nov 13 09:45:50 UTC 2009

Le vendredi 13 novembre 2009 à 09:55 +0100, Andreas Schwab a écrit :

> I don't understand.  Emacs uses the fallback for example to display
> characters from the Korean KSC charset, in my case using
> -daewoo-minco-medium-*-ksc5601.1987-0 fonts.  What's the "approved" way
> to do that?

You do it like everyone else. You pass the codepoints to fontconfig
(possibly, after unicode conversion) and let it find Korean fonts
available in the distro (there are many, and daewoo minco medium would
appear in the list if it was packaged properly). How do you think
Firefox displays Korean pages ? It does not use core fonts.

--
Nicolas Mailhot