Identifying remaining core font users

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Nov 13 15:36:14 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 02:35:27PM +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le vendredi 13 novembre 2009 à 11:58 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones a écrit :
> > On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 11:38:26PM +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > > In fact the next step is probably to identify such indirect users (the
> > > current check caught Motif apps, but gtk1 have the same problem).
> >
> > Nicolas, if possible next time please give the package maintainer
> > (ie. FAS username) next to each package in the list.  Otherwise it's
> > harder to tell which packages I should look at.
>
> Last time I asked how to do this the answer was "just rewrite your
> script in python". Since I have other things to do, it won't happen.
> However once the heuristic is stabilized people will receive
> package-owner at ... mails

I'm no fan of Python either, but there is a fairly simple JSON API to
the package database.  eg:

wget -O ocaml.json 'https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/ocaml?tg_format=json'

which gave me a huge JSON-format file which did contain my FAS
username in the field packageListings[0].people[0].username, see:

http://www.annexia.org/tmp/ocaml.json.txt

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v