Name of the 'chess' package

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Nov 18 00:49:50 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 12:36:02 -0600,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> We currently have a 3d chess game packaged as chess. I want to ask for
> fedora hosted space for it sop that we can be upstream for some modernization
> (with regard to ogre and gcc) changes. However it strikes me that the package
> name probably shouldn't have been 'chess' as that is a generic name. Before
> officially asking for fedora hosted space I wanted to see if there is
> sentiment to making some name change for F13+ and fedora hosted. Possibilities
> would be 3dchess (possibly still too generic), ogrechess (possibly misleading,
> as people might think it had ogres for pieces), chess-ogre or ?

As a followup, I have opened a ticket
(https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1822) to request a
project for this under the name ogrechess.

I expect eventually to want to change the package name to match, but there
isn't a hurry. I might end up treating it as a new package (after getting
most of the cleanup done) and obsoleting the old one.