No fuse module in Koji builds?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Nov 18 17:25:15 UTC 2009

A package I'm building has an (optional) test which does a local
non-root fuse mount in order to run some tests.  In Koji this gives
the error:

  fuse: device not found, try 'modprobe fuse' first

So I have a couple of questions about this:

I think in RHEL 5.4 the fuse module was added to the kernel -- are the
Koji builders now based on the RHEL 5.4 kernel?

If they are or will be, will local non-root fuse mounts be permitted
during builds?  As far as I'm aware there are no security issues with
doing this, although possibly there may be unexpected interactions
with Koji/mock if a build doesn't properly umount fuse mountpoints.

Rich.