Local users get to play root?

Dave Airlie airlied at redhat.com
Thu Nov 19 05:39:28 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 23:24 -0500, Mail Llists wrote:
> Jeff et al are 100% correct - why this is even debated is unfathomable
> to me.
>
> Surely it is completely obvious that the default should be off. (as it
> was and will be in f13+).
>
>  Why have we not got a revert fix to turn this back off in updates-testing ?
>
>  Please fix it now - then discuss how to improve the desktop experiance
> for Aunt tilly. But first put the security back to what it was, should
> be and presumably will be again anyway.
>
>  If people need it, add a button to the PK gui config tool. (WHat is it
> called anyway?) - I cant seem to find a [gui] config tool of any kind -
> maybe that should be built too before futzing with insecurity policies?

Why do you assume anyone here on this thread can fix this?

Its up to the package maintainer to take a fix and ensure its well
tested, pointless fire-drill exercises might make you feel better,
but they don't help the distro.

Really all this bullshit in this thread, and not one patch? I think
ppl prefer hearing themselves spout than actually supply a fix.

Dave.