Promoting i386 version over x86_64?

Ralf Ertzinger fedora at camperquake.de
Thu Nov 19 10:08:42 UTC 2009

Hi.

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:23:31 -0600, King InuYasha wrote:

> 1: Date/Time stamp, Unix time doesn't work in 32-bit past 2038 (not
> really affecting us much, most of us will replace our PCs long before
> then)

As much as I am in favour of 64 bit, but that is a red herring. 32bit
systems are perfectly capable of handling 64bit values. The problem
here is all the existing software which assumes that a time_t is 32
bit. Or have not been using time_t but (u)int32_t (if you're luck) or
int (if you're unlucky).