Local users get to play root?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Nov 20 00:13:13 UTC 2009

> > I think what we have in F12 is much more usable, perhaps trading off with
> > the perceived loss of control.
>
> I think you just picked the easy way out without realizing the consequences
> and are now spitting out bullsh*t to make us believe that decision made
> sense.

Before this bit gets any nastier it's worth pointing out the initial
discussion of this change:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.freedesktop.packagekit/2611

(this is what Richard was thinking of with his passing reference to
having discussed it publicly over 9 months ago. which turns out to be an
underestimate :>)

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey