Vote for the bug (was Re: Local users get to play root?)

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at pobox.com
Fri Nov 20 01:34:59 UTC 2009

On 11/19/2009 08:25 PM, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Jeff Garzik<jgarzik at pobox.com>  wrote:
>> Are you not familiar with the concept of bugzilla votes?  Try clicking on
>> the '(vote)' link sometime.
>
> I'm not aware of a workflow or policy which takes into account
> bugzilla votes in Fedora.  Individual maintainers may or may not
> consider votes when prioritizing how they use bugzilla, but there's
> certainly nothing that I am aware that suggests that highly voted on
> bugs are subject to high level review or discussion as a part of
> project management.  I fear that you are encouraging people to vote
> with the expectation that the vote will matter in some way when it may
> not.

Valid points.

However, I reject the implied notion that ALL feedback from Fedora users
must be stifled -- which is the only conclusion one may draw from Fedora
leaders asking people to (a) not comment on the list, and (b) not
comment on the bug.

I'm curious what Fedora leaders think is the proper forum for __Fedora
users__ to register complaints against this policy.  Voting seems to be
the most efficient, and least spam-y method of doing so, but I am open
to suggestions!

	Jeff