Promoting i386 version over x86_64?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Nov 20 07:44:33 UTC 2009

On 11/20/2009 07:23 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 11/20/2009 11:50 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>>>
>>> Meh. You said the target of the spin is not netbooks but it clearly is.
>>
>> You violently don't want to understand.
>>
>> The moblin stuff is a different use-case, primarily addressing the very
>> low end of HW, which is competing with SmartPhones, the XOs and the like.
>
> I understand your impressions but your claim that the Moblin spin isn't
> targeted at netbooks is just plain wrong.

I never said this - They are addressing a different use-case !

It's a use-case, HW vendors want to see emphasized because they are
confronted with the fact that netbook/netbooks are competing with
"ordinary desktops", which had caused their returns to shrink, because
they are selling less "big" end-consumer machines.

Ralf