abrt and bugzilla

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Nov 21 00:32:31 UTC 2009

Colin Walters wrote:
> You don't; the submitter of course should get a link to their crash
> report, and can perform the bugzilla promotion on their own if they
> have more to add.

My experience is that fire&forget reporting is rarely useful, especially if
it comes from an automated tool where users rarely think of filling in ANY
information other than the autogenerated stuff. We MUST be able to contact
the reporter for more information. If they're not willing to answer needinfo
requests, the report is basically useless.

        Kevin Kofler