Promoting i386 version over x86_64?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Sat Nov 21 02:02:34 UTC 2009

Once upon a time, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> said:
> 1. Needs GRUB hackery to support transparently. (For the DVD, Anaconda can
> detect the architecture and install a kernel accordingly, but for a live CD,
> we don't have any such support.)

That would be SYSLINUX hackery, not GRUB hackery.  The CD and DVD images
use ISOLINUX to boot.  SYSLINUX has a module interface; I don't know if
it could handle a quick check for the "lm" CPU capability and choose a
different menu file or not.

This obviously doesn't address CD space or other issues; just pointing
out the boot loader piece could be relatively easy.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>