Fedora rawhide rebuild in mock status 2009-11-18 x86_64

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sun Nov 22 10:06:18 UTC 2009

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:05:12 -0600
Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch at dell.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 09:20:54PM +0100, Robert Scheck wrote:
> > Hello Matt,
> >
> > On Wed, 18 Nov 2009, Matt Domsch wrote:
> > > mksh-39-1.fc12 (build/make) robert
> >
> > I tried to reproduce your build failure from your mass rebuild for
> > mksh
> >
> >  -
> > http://linux.dell.com/files/fedora/FixBuildRequires/mock-results/x86_64/mksh-39-1.fc12.src.rpm/result/build.log
> >  -
> > http://linux.dell.com/files/fedora/FixBuildRequires/mock-results/i386/mksh-39-1.fc12.src.rpm/result/build.log
> >
> > using a koji scratch build at the Fedora buildsystem - and there it
> > did not fail:
> >
> > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1820331
> >
> > I think, you've enabled SELinux at your buildsystem which causes
> > the /dev/* files to be missing in the end, but compare yourself:
>
> it's not SELinux (that is Disabled on my builders).  I believe it is:
> Bug 510183 - mock mounts /dev/pts in chroot with wrong options
>
> because the failure comes during your %check section:
> openpty failed
> Child returncode was: -15
>
> The builders are all running mock-0.9.19-1.fc12.noarch, which claims
> in %changelog to have the fix for Bug 510183, but there are now
> several FTBFS bugs blocking on it still, so the problem remains...

The original problem that Bug 510183 was reported about is indeed
fixed, but along with the fix came an enhancement to use separate
instances of /dev/pts in the chroots where the kernel supported it, and
this enhancement is broken. As mentioned in Comment 10 of the bug,
commenting out two lines mock/backend.py to disable the enhancement
should be sufficient to get these packages building again.

Paul.