Notification of uploads to the lookaside cache

Jon Ciesla limb at jcomserv.net
Sun Nov 22 20:16:12 UTC 2009

> Jon Stanley wrote:
>> The message will contain the
name of the file, the package
>> concerned, the md5sum, and the
user that uploaded it.  An example is
>> below:
>>
>> File upload.cgi for package sportrop-fonts has
been uploaded to the
>> lookaside cache with md5sum
26489f9e92601f0f84cfbb278c2b98e1 by
>> jstanley
>>
>> Please let me know if you have any questions,
comments, or room for
>> improvement!

Well, since you asked... :)

> I'd like to suggest that
we use the name of the account uploading the
nobody at fedoraproject.org and tweak the format of the
> message
just a little, to make it easier to compare the output to

locally generated md5sum output.  An example:

> A file
has been added to the lookaside cache for sportrop-fonts:

> 26489f9e92601f0f84cfbb278c2b98e1  sportrop-fonts-1.0.tar.gz
>
> Being lazy, I try to be the last one to volunteer anyone
else for
> work, so I have also made these suggestions in
convenient unified diff
> format (easily applied using git am to
the infrastructure puppet
> repository) at:
http://tmz.fedorapeople.org/patches/upload_cgi/

Thanks for adding this feature to the upload scripts.  I think it's a
> good idea.  Next up, moving from MD5 to something stronger, like
> SHA256. ;)

Does anyone know why I'm getting tons of
notifications concerning packages for which I am not maintainer,
co-maintainer?

> --
> Todd        OpenPGP ->
KeyID: 0xBEAF0CE3 | URL: www.pobox.com/~tmz/pgp