abrt and bugzilla

Otto Haliburton ottohaliburton at tx.rr.com
Mon Nov 23 13:37:00 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christoph Wickert" <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com>
To: "Development discussions related to Fedora"
<fedora-devel-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 7:25 AM
Subject: Re: abrt and bugzilla

> Am Freitag, den 20.11.2009, 23:05 +0000 schrieb Colin Walters:
>> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > And how would you track down the original submitter if you need further
>> > information from him?
>>
>> You don't; the submitter of course should get a link to their crash
>> report, and can perform the bugzilla promotion on their own if they
>> have more to add.
>
>>From my experience they don't have anything to add, not even a small
> comment on what they were doing when the application crashed. This
> should be mandatory in abrt.
>
> I have many reports that even lack debuginfo and even if I tell users
> how to install it manually, I don't get a response. From now on I will
> set all these bugs to NEEDINFO REPORTER and if I don't hear back from
> them within 4 weeks, close their reports. I'm sure this is not how it's
> supposed to work because it's not fruitful and nether the maintainers
> nor the reporters are happy.
>
> Regards,
> Christoph
>

> --

well, abrt just pops up and sends a report without user control, the user
maybe doing nothing and a app crashes and a report is generated.  If you
can't solve the problem from the report generated then remove the automatic
bug reporting app and save everybody headaches.  I upgraded my system for
test and probably the reports that are generated are because of conflicts
from old packages with packages in f12