example content

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Mon Nov 23 19:36:49 UTC 2009

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> The example content is meant to serve several purposes:
> <snip>
>> - Make the desktop spin more useful, e.g. to ambassadors
> <snip>
>> - the 1-page release notes pdf that was debuted for F12
>
> To be truely useful for ambassadords, we'd need a localized version :)
>
> Which means we'll have to regenerate the ISO anyway with our own kickstart.
>
> Anyway, that's a great idea, but what about computers that can't boot
> on USB? We see a lot of them (most of them?) in release parties, will
> an alternate image be composed that will fit on a CD (even if it's not
> marketed any more as THE desktop spin) ?

For Sugar on a Stick, we've been using a hacked up image which could be
burned to a CD and included not much more than the isolinux contents.
When booting from the CD while having your USB key plugged in, it was
still able to boot. But still: really hack-ish and probably not really
recommendable (just sayin').

Oh, and Matthias, it's really a cool plan to move into this direction!

We've been following such a distribution model obviously for the
(Fedora-based) Sugar on a Stick, too. Would be interesting to see and
probably work together on issues that arise, if any. ;)

--Sebastian