[RFC] unified i386/x86_64 install media.

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Tue Nov 24 21:48:09 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 13:50 -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> syslinux would need to be able to detect the arch to install and likely also
> have a flag to force 32 bit we could easily implement the 64 bit kernel and 32
> bit userland idea that was put forward a few releases ago.  pungi will need to
> learn how to make the new iso. but i think it is achievable.

As I'm actually trying this on one of the laptops on my desk, I'd point
out that this almost certainly requires yum changes to work well.  yum
gets its idea of arch from uname, which reports what the kernel is, not
what the current glibc is.

Not that it's not a good idea - it seems to work surprisingly well - but
it's not turnkey yet.

- ajax