F12 install stops at screen switch (language select)

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Wed Nov 25 14:10:21 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 07:18:27PM +0100, Jos Vos wrote:

> OK, installing with "nomodeset xdriver=intel vga=ask" seems to work
> (chosen VESA 1024x768) and is busy now.
>
> I'll reopen my old bug and report more tomorrow.

OK, I tried several installs and tried to minimize what has to be
done and it already works when adding "nomodeset", without any
additional xdriver or vga options.

After that, booting the system and starting X works too (without any
xorg.conf), but switching consoles only works when I have added some
vga setting (I use vga=792) to the grub kernel parameter list.  The
"nomodeset" is also in this list (added by anaconda).

Also, for the graphical boot screen the vga=... setting is needed too.

Will also log this information in the ticket.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>