Fedora 12 Extremely Unstable

Brad Longo brad.longo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 16:00:19 UTC 2009

I reinstalled Fedora, and also checked the cd I installed from to see if
that would fix the problem.  I believe the issues I had previously may
have been caused by putting /home on its own lvm, which I did not do
when I reinstalled.  I wanted to do this so I could install future
releases without having to erase the home folder.  Unfortunately, I
don't have the time continue to reinstall Fedora over and over to
confirm that putting /home on its own lvm is the source of the issue,
but maybe someone else can replicate this?

Before reinstalling, the programs that crashed when I tried to edit
their preferences were all of the ones I tried: Thunderbird, Empathy,
and Mozilla.  The automatic bug reporting tool crashed the system when
trying to report some of the bugs too.

The system was fully update when I was experiencing the crashes.

Reinstalling solved all of my problems except one.  Keyboard shortcuts
are still not saved.  However, this issue is trivial compared to the
frequent crashes I was experiencing before.

Brad.