crazy Xrandr/XOrg automatic display configuration.

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 18:55:31 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 9:13 AM, Jud Craft <craftjml at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Oh, I misunderstood. Yeah, it should remember the previous configuration
>> you had with this combination of outputs. This information is stored in
>> ~/.config/monitors.xml.
>
> Right.  I guess what I'm saying is...it doesn't seem to.

At this point, wouldn't it be most constructive to reveal what the
contents of that file so we all have a baseline expectation as to what
should be happening?

For example when  you get a cloned setup do you see a
<clone>yes</clone> line in that file? And is that ling gone if you get
an extended setup?

It would be good to see how the monitors.xml file is changing between
your cloned versus extended scenarios for that projector hardware.

-jef