abrt + X Error => zillions of duplicate bug reports?

Karel Klic kklic at redhat.com
Thu Nov 26 10:32:06 UTC 2009

On 11/25/2009 06:54 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> What do you think of the idea of running the improved duplicate
> detection logic over existing abrt bug reports in Bugzilla? Would that
> be feasible, perhaps with some help from the Bugzilla maintainer?
> Thanks!

Many backtraces currently stored in bugzilla are damaged (truncated) by
a bug (in Linux kernel?). That bug has been fixed, but the backtraces
already uploaded with that bug are not parsable by current backtrace parser.

I haven't figured out how to tweak the parser to handle the damaged
backtraces yet. However, I'd like to focus on the new duplication
detection mechanism for now, because it is more important from my point
of view.

Karel