Fedora 12 Graphics Issues: Cancel F13 and concentrate on fixing F12 ?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 00:49:32 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 05:09:14PM +0000, Terry Barnaby wrote:
> On 11/26/2009 04:34 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 04:08:27PM +0000, Terry Barnaby wrote:
>>> As you obviously know tracking down and reporting bugs like these do take
>>> a lot of time and effort, quite often more than actually fixing them. At
>>> the moment
>>> with the frequency of Fedora releases and the lack of a push to testing
>>> and stability on this front I am not enthused, at the moment, with doing
>>> this and I suspect many others feel the same.
>>
>> I'm confused.  You want Fedora to skip a release to focus on testing
>> and fixing, and you have no plans to help and aren't enthusiastic
>> about actually participating in the testing and fixing?
>>
>> josh
>>
> I really want to help and get a stable release and present bug reports and
> even fix them if I can. But, the current short term release schedule, and no
> focus on testing and fixing graphics issues, does not inspire me with
> confidence that a stable usable release will emerge. This makes it
> difficult
> for me to justify the effort. Convince me :)

You're making some pretty bold accusations that there is no focus
on testing and fixing graphics issues.  Perhaps you could classify
what you see as needing more testing and fixing instead of claiming
there is none.  I think that would be more accurate.

As for convincing you, I think I'll refrain.  I'd rather try and
find someone that actually wants to help then spend time trying
to talk to someone that has the nerve to propose canceling a
release to do testing and fixing and then needs convincing to
actually help with their own idea.

Fedora needs less arm-chair quarterbacking.  We have shit-tons
of that already.

josh