Pulseaudio in F12

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 15:53:27 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 1:01 PM, drago01 <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Paulo Cavalcanti <promac at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I made a clean install of Fedora 12, and pulseaudio seems to be behaving
> > completely different. Any mixer control I have (master, pcm, front ,,,)
> > affects
> > the pulse volume slider (looking at pavucontrol). In the past, pulse only
> > controlled PCM, I guess.
>
> This is a feature, not a bug.
>
> > But the worst point is that there is no more application volume memory.
> > All applications when launched are at full volume, and this is really
> > annoying ...
>
> This sounds like a bug.... (works for me though)

I have two sound cards installed: one onboard and another PCI.

The PCI, the one I do no use very much, works fine. The onboard
is the one which does not save the volumes. Every time I call an application
its master and pcm volume go to the maximum (I see the sliders going to the
top
in alsamixer).

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti