CalDAV Calendar (BedeWork)

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 01:04:40 UTC 2009

Hello all,

About a year ago, I suggested that BedeWork (http://bedework.org) be
included. I offered to package it with some help. I unfortunately ran
out of time. I now have time to package it and hopefully maintain the
package. Unfortunately, I haven't written an Java code in a decade or
so. I have never messed with Java packages.

The problems I have:

This package has a bunch of property files that you have to edit before
you build the program.
(http://www.bedework.org/downloads/3.5/BedeworkManual-3.5.pdf#page=18)
These include database names, locations, user/passwords for the
database, etc. I do not know if this is normal or not. I do not know how
to package this, how to suggest people customize this information, etc.

This program also requires JBoss or Tomcat (maybe there are others that
will work). Since I do not see JBoss in Fedora, Tomcat would be fine. I
have not experience with this. It would be nice if a Tomcat person can
help me with documentation on how to get this working and to use AD
(Kerberos [SPNEGO/GSSAPI] and LDAP) for the authentication and
user/group information as well.

I have a few packages that I have not yet submitted that I have
packaged. These include PyKota (and its dependencies), DSPAM, and C-ICAP
(not yet ready as I have some code I am writing that will be turned over
before I submit this package).

I have no clue about any of the build systems in Fedora, so I will need
help with this as well.

I know that F12 is closed for this, but I could get it ready for F13.

Thank you,
Trever