PPC/PPC64 disabled in Koji for dist-f13

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Thu Oct 1 09:34:36 UTC 2009

Jeff Garzik, Wed, 30 Sep 2009 18:55:56 -0400:
> Both ppc and ppc64 have been excellent at catching software bugs in my
> projects that long went unnoticed on i386/x86-64.
>
> The lack of big endian builds by default is a notable loss, and will
> lead to a decline in software quality.
>
> I think this is a net-negative for Fedora.

I don't think it is that bad with secondary archs ... I maintain PSPP (I
didn't know what I've fallen into when I packaged that ;)) and we are
routinely finding bugs on SPARC ... in pspp as well as in glibc, gcc, and
other places. PSPP by its nature has quite extensive unit tests, so it is
catching a lot of stuff which otherwise goes unnoticed.

Matěj