Trying to build zkt 0.99c on Fedora 11

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Fri Oct 2 13:56:21 UTC 2009

I'm trying to build zkt 0.99c on Fedora 11 (x86_64) and am running
into the following error:

gcc -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions
-fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic -g
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -Wall  -Wmissing-prototypes     -c -o soaserial.o
soaserial.c
In file included from /usr/include/sys/syslog.h:207,
                 from /usr/include/syslog.h:1,
                 from log.h:43,
                 from nscomm.h:44,
                 from nscomm.c:46:
/usr/include/bits/syslog.h: In function 'syslog':
/usr/include/bits/syslog.h:32: error: invalid use of '__builtin_va_arg_pack ()'

Google tells me this has more to do with changes in newer GCC versions
to improve compile-time error detection, but I'm unable to figure out
what the right solution is.  Can anyone help out here?  I've
successfully compiled older versions of zkt on older versions of
Fedora - this is the first time I've tried it on Fedora 11.  I've
attached the spec file that I'm using to build the RPM package.

--
Jeff Ollie