olpc components in x86/x86_64 repo

Rudolf Kastl che666 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 08:51:01 UTC 2009

2009/10/7 Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 8:12 AM, Rahul Sundaram
> <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> On 10/06/2009 05:35 PM, Jon Ciesla wrote:
>>
>>> Additionally, having OLPC-specific RPMS in mainline Fedora helps with
>>> the end goal that is , as I understand it, to have OLPC's OS be
>>> essentially a Spin of stock Fedora.  It also helps OLPC devs who don't
>>> necessarily have XOs.
>>
>> IIRC, they already are shipping stock Fedora in their latest builds
>> except for the kernel. They are also responsible for the largest amount
>> of Fedora deployments in the world. So it is all mutually beneficial.
>
> That is correct, we're all upstream now with no weird branches for
> core packages :-)

Thats great to hear and interesting information. In no way the
question was meant as criticism. Basically i was just curious if the
packages are hardware related to the olpc hw or generally  useful.
Thanks for your answer. Best wishes for the olpc/sugar developers.
More knowledge and therefor power to the poor kids.

kind regards,
Rudolf Kastl