Distro Summit 2010: call for papers extended until 18 Oct 2009

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Oct 7 15:52:31 UTC 2009

Forwarding this to the list for Martin, who isn't subscribed.

Please reply to him, not me with any comments.

kevin

From: martin f krafft <madduck at madduck.net>
To: fedora-devel-list at redhat.com
Subject: Distro Summit 2010: call for papers extended until 18 Oct 2009
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 12:05:05 +0200

Please redistribute this call for papers.

The deadline has been extended to 18 Oct 2009.

===============
CALL FOR PAPERS
===============

Distro Summit 2010 is a one-day technical conference with a strong focus on
collaboration between Free Software distributions hosted at the linux.conf.au
2010.

We are looking for proposals from any Free Software distribution, from the
typical full distributions (both linux and non-linux) to the niche market
derivatives.

In spite of the strong focus on collaboration between Free Software
distributions, topics may include packaging, maintenance, relationship with
upstream developers, release management and QA.

For more informtion, please visit: http://distrosummit.org.

Important dates
===============

 * Call for papers ends: Wednesday 18 October 2009
 * Announcing the schedule: Friday 2 October 2009
 * Conference begins: Monday 18 January 2010

Presentation types
==================

We will accept proposals for:

 * 25 minute standard-length presentations;
 * 50 minute long presentations.

Session lengths include time for audience questions.

We intend for standard-length presentation to make up the vast majority of our
presentations. If you plan on submitting a proposal for a long presentation, a
willingness to present a standard-length presentation will impact positively on
your proposal.

Submit a proposal
=================

To submit your proposal, we'll need the following information:

 * Your name, contact details and a short biography;
 * Your proposal title;
 * Intended audience;
 * An abstract;
 * Presentation outline;
 * Presentation type (standard-length or long).

To submit a proposal, or get more information, please write to
cfp at distrosummit.org.

Unfortunately, we cannot offer sponsorship for speakers.

About the Distro Summit
=======================

The Distro Summit 2010 is a one-day developer conference with a strong focus on
collaboration between free software distributions hosted at the linux.conf.au
2010 (http://www.lca2010.org.nz). In addition to a schedule of technical,
social and policy talks, the Distro Summit provides an opportunity for
developers, contributors and other interested people to meet in person and work
together more closely.

Previous similar events have featured speakers from around the world. They have
also been extremely beneficial for developing key free software software
components and for improving collaboration and sharing between the different
distributions.

Target Audience

The Distro Summit is (mainly) a technical event, but this does not mean that
the only target audience are developers and maintainers of free software
distributions: the event will feature talks that range from the development to
real-world use cases, going through marketing and the social aspects of the
maintenance of free software distributions.

--
Martin Krafft
on the behalf of the Distro Summit organizers