Retiring ksensors, possibly id3lib as well?

Lyos Gemini Norezel lyos.gemininorezel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 21:42:32 UTC 2009

On 10/07/2009 05:13 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Lyos Gemini Norezel wrote:
>
>> I believe the time has come to retire ksensors.
>>
>> The last update/release was 18/08/2004, and it appears upstream has been
>> defunct since at least that time.
>>
>> Unless there are objections voiced and/or a maintainer steps forward
>> before Oct 9 (Friday), I will go ahead and retire this package.
>>
> Here's an objection! I still use KSensors all the time, it still works
> perfectly fine and it presents the information in a better way than the
> plasmoids. (For example, you can have actual numbers for the temperature in
> the systray as opposed to some funky curves or analog indicators which are
> hard to read on my small panel.) The plasmoids also seem not to display
> hddtemp information.

I don't use KDE... so I cannot comment there.

However... have you considered trying  gnome-applet-sensors?

>   But I'm willing to pick up KSensors maintainership if
> you want to orphan it.

It seems odd to continue such a package despite upstream being defunct.

As I no longer use ksensors, if you wish to maintain this package... I
will happily
surrender maintainership to you.

>          Kevin Kofler

Lyos Gemini Norezel