Howto handle multilib conflict?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sat Oct 10 23:47:40 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 10:17:16AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:

> Well, that's only valid if we actually do anything to ensure multilib
> compilation actually *works*, right now all we enforce is that the
> packages don't conflict (which isn't the same thing at all).

It's also valid if we want to help people to be able to have multilib
compilation work, even if it is not used in fedora rpm builds. I have
no knowledge about this issue, but I guess that having multilib devel
packages installed allows users comppiling software to easily use one
or the other library, even if it involves setting some flags by hand,
and, hopefully, with pkg-config setting flags by hand is not required.

--
Pat