How about releasing an update of xorg-x11-drv-intel for Fedora 11

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Wed Oct 14 08:57:09 UTC 2009

Dne 14.10.2009 08:58, Kevin Kofler napsal(a):
> "Never" is definitely the wrong answer: updates-testing is not for stuff
> which is too unstable to go stable, ever. Any update sitting in testing for
> more than (at most) 2 or 3 weeks (usually 1 week is enough, but risky stuff
> should get approximately 2 weeks of testing and regression fixing; at least
> those are the timings our experience in KDE SIG showed optimal) is either
> broken, in which case it should be unpushed (and the maintainer should be
> more careful next time), or not, in which case it should be promoted to
> stable.
>
> We really need some stricter enforcement against stuff sitting in testing
> forever.

This is actually your personal opinion AFAIK, right? I tend to disagree
with this -- one example which seems to me legitimate is when I create a
new package (I remember I came to this conclusion with both PSPP and
nimbus-theme) then I sometimes push it into Fedora-[n-1] just for
updates-testing, because I really don't have enough computers to do real
testing on older distros. By that, people who really want it, can take
it and they are implicitly warned that this is not meant to be stable
(generally speaking, I guess, people who follow updates-testing has to
survive some amount of breakage), but it is not thrown on unsuspecting
users of stable.

Matěj

The ratio of literacy to illiteracy is a constant, but nowadays
the illiterates can read.
    -- Alberto Moravia