thunderbird upgrade - wtf?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 14 14:15:41 UTC 2009

On 10/14/2009 07:39 PM, Mike Cloaked wrote:

> Yes if it is an option to release a new package update that will have smart
> folders and GLODA turned off then great - however I presume that the significant
> majority of F11 users will already have updated and therefore already have been
> hit by the change - so have either gone through the pain and reset their
> parameters by now or dumped TB in favour of another mail client.

Not sure there is any basis for that claim since we don't collect
detailed stats on how frequent Fedora users do update but a problem of
this nature is known, it is better to resolve it quickly rather than
assume that everybody has already learned to cope up with it. Anyway,
this debate is essentially over at this point since a update with the
defaults changed is being pushed out.

http://mether.wordpress.com/2009/10/14/thunderbird-problem-gets-fixed/

Rahul