thunderbird upgrade - wtf?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Oct 14 14:48:41 UTC 2009

Le Mer 14 octobre 2009 16:15, Mike Cloaked a écrit :

> I must admit I cannot imagine why the thunderbird developers wanted the global
> indexing thing in the first place

Because searching is so « cool » you don't need to think about indexing costs.
And because no self-respecting cool-factor hacker will trust the same amount
of personal data to the code he's willing to push on unsuspecting users (this
was already true when Eazel inflicted Medusa on the world, Thunderbird is only
a decade late to the game)

And we'll continue to get this as long as people mistake the forward-looking
nature of Fedora with a free-for-all that needn't concern itself with
robustness, stability or data safety

--
Nicolas Mailhot