thunderbird upgrade - wtf?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Oct 14 15:50:25 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 11:31 -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> On 10/13/2009 09:56 AM, Christopher Aillon wrote:
> > Not everyone had issues with the indexing so that seemed to slip past
> > testing. It was a change, but didn't seem to disrupt things, so we let
> > it slide.
> >
> > We are looking at reverting both in F11.
>

> Global indexing introduces legal issues, disk space requirements and CPU
> requirements that extend beyond F11...
>
> 	Jeff

Those are defaults that a user can change.  Granted, existing setups
shouldn't be automatically moved to the new default, but new installs of
a new release should default to the upstream default.  If the user
doesn't find those settings acceptable, they can change them.  The trick
is to not surprise existing users with massive change.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!