How about releasing an update of xorg-x11-drv-intel for Fedora 11

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Oct 14 20:26:53 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 11:21 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 08:58:45 +0200, Kevin wrote:
>
> > We really need some stricter enforcement against stuff sitting in testing
> > forever.
>
> Rather we need some rules against such mindset.
>
> We don't guarantee anything about updates-testing. It's a place where
> to test potential updates/upgrades. And if a test-update is still without
> sufficient karma points (either positive or negative) for several weeks,
> it may stay in updates-testing for a longer time. IMO, that's a good
> thing.

I agree with this, but by the same token, the use suggested by Matej
seems against the purpose of updates-testing, as does the original idea
in this thread (push some Xorg changes we'd never be happy about putting
in stable into it). I also agree with Kevin - maybe we don't need to
*disallow* updates sitting in -testing for a long time, but updates
sitting there for a long time is an indication of potential issues and
it should be flagged for tracking.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey