How about releasing an update of xorg-x11-drv-intel for Fedora 11

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Oct 15 19:04:09 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 20:26 +0200, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> Dne 14.10.2009 22:26, Adam Williamson napsal(a):
> > I agree with this, but by the same token, the use suggested by Matej
> > seems against the purpose of updates-testing, as does the original idea
> > in this thread (push some Xorg changes we'd never be happy about putting
> > in stable into it). I also agree with Kevin - maybe we don't need to
> > *disallow* updates sitting in -testing for a long time, but updates
> > sitting there for a long time is an indication of potential issues and
> > it should be flagged for tracking.
>
> OK, thanks for clearing my internal conflict for me -- now there would
> be no n-2 new packages from me. Simple, easy. (BTW, I always have karma
> switched on, but usually nobody bothers to push karma up, so none of my
> packages got pushed to stable based on its karma).

I should've clarified that as far as new packages go, I don't see a
problem with just pushing them to stable after a few days in -testing as
long as no-one complains. It's quite hard for a new package to *break*
something on a currently-working system without explicit action from the
user, which is the worst thing an update can do.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey