Network not starting during install

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Oct 15 22:53:17 UTC 2009

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009, Mike Chambers wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 14:29 -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 16:20 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> > > Anyone else running into this problem?
> >
> > No, in fact I performed many network installs over the past few days, on
> > i386, x86_64, and ppc, and virt.  A variety of hardware, a variety of
> > network devices.
>
> Tried a rawhide install few minutes ago and this time tried dhcp from
> the get go, and that seemed to work (although if trying static ip from
> get go, it fails and so does dhcp afterwards).  But when trying to set
> it up via nfs (via askmethod at start of cd), it fails.

I'm looking at a similar issue now.  Also seeing some strange network
issues with a previously installed rawhide.  In particular puppet throwing
stuff like this:

Oct 15 22:36:29 spin1 puppetd[22440]:
(//Node[spin1]/global/zabbix::agent/File[/usr/local/bin/zabbix]) Failed to
generate additional resources during transaction: Connection Timeout

Seeing similar timeouts to google.com every now and then.

	-Mike