Status of touchpad support in F12 for kdm?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Oct 18 10:20:19 UTC 2009

Mike Cloaked wrote:
> In F11 every laptop I installed had support for the touchpad under Gnome,
> but in order to have touchpad tap action at the greeter stage in kdm I
> need to put in place a suitable hal/fdi file.
>
> Is touchpad support in kdm going to be available by default in F12?

No, tapping is disabled by default distrowide, there's nothing KDM can or
should do about this. This is an intentional decision by the upstream
Synaptics driver developers. Most touchpads have dedicated buttons you can
press, which are much harder to click accidentally than it is to trigger an
unwanted tapping click.

        Kevin Kofler