Thunderbird 3.0rc1

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Mon Oct 19 19:15:32 UTC 2009

mcloaked on 10/19/2009 02:05 PM wrote:

> I don't know if you saw the rather extended thread recently concerning the
> release of thunderbird 3.0b4 but there were significant problems with GLODA.
>  Having it off by default and make sure users are informed that it is
> available is the better way to do things - however in 3.0b4 it was ON
> by default and caused a huge headache for users with significant volumes
> of mail across multiple accounts.

I'm not intending to start another long thread on it so any reply after
this will not see a matching one from me.

The total user count of people having issues with GLODA was 2. Two. Dos.

I have multiple accounts and run with GLODA enabled per default across
multiple machines with multiple architectures. Each account alone has at
least 2.5k to 5k emails ranging from about 5 years and at least 20 or so
folders and sub folders. No machine hang-ups.