How about releasing an update of xorg-x11-drv-intel for Fedora 11

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Oct 21 06:49:35 UTC 2009

James Antill wrote:
>  Wow ... it's almost as if we need a place where developers could put
> _updates_ for a significant amount of time so that users could do some
> _testing_ on them, under each of their particular conditions. We could
> maybe use this instead of developers hitting the go button when they
> didn't get an avalanche of BZs immediately.

We use updates-testing very carefully in KDE SIG. But many users only start
trying out updates when they go stable, no matter how long they've been in
testing. :-( So some bugs will always slip through the cracks (and not just
in KDE). Any testing repository will by definition only be used by testers,
i.e. by a rather small subset of our userbase.

But I think that overall, our updates are a good thing. They aren't perfect,
but no software is! And if you read the complaints about Vi$ta service packs
rendering some systems unbootable, it's not like our competition is doing
any better. AFAIK, we haven't had serious breakage like those KMail IMAP
issues for a while now.

        Kevin Kofler