Fedora 12 Blocker Bug Meeting #1 :: 2009-10-23 @ 15:00 UTC (11 AM EDT)

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Thu Oct 22 12:48:59 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 08:47 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> 2009/10/21 John Poelstra <poelstra at redhat.com>:
> > 520750 - PackageKit - ASSIGNED  - Software Update windows checks for update
> > does not stop ..
>
> This has been reported by one person (no dupes), and I'm still waiting
> for more information. I suspect it's actually a hardware problem or
> file-system corruption on the reporters computer. Basically, I don't
> think this should be a blocker.

Richard: Btw ... thanks for this feedback ahead of the meeting.  With
such a large list to review, it's extremely helpful when folks review
their bugs ahead of time.  We do our best to collaboratively review the
bugs real-time.  But having feedback from the maintainers and/or people
experiencing the bug helps speed up the process.

If you've got a spare minute waiting on a build ... take a look at the
list of bugs:

     1. Respond to the announcement with your $0.02 as Richard has done
     2. Alternatively, update the bz with your thoughts
              * Is the severity appropriate?
              * Is there a workaround?
              * What impact does the presence of this failure have on
                users?
              * What is your favorite color?
     3. As always, in a constructive manner, tell us how we can improve
        this process -
        https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User_talk:Poelstra/blocker_bug_meeting_sop

Thanks,
James