Upload debug-like-info to Mozilla servers every update

Jan Horak jhorak at redhat.com
Thu Oct 22 13:21:19 UTC 2009

On 10/14/2009 03:40 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Jan Horak<jhorak at redhat.com>  wrote:
>

>> Mozilla prefers using their own system in this case. It has some pros, like
>> user don't have to download debug packages (which is approx 80MB for each
>> package). Building the symbols for Mozilla is also quite easy. They have
>> everything prepared in their makefiles and their debug info is just one zip
>> file. All we need is to put this zip file somewhere that mozilla could pull
>> it (or we push it after package is released). This zip file should be left
>> aside from regular rpm package (read unpublished).
>>
> In that case I'd just make the mozilla spec file to put the .zip in
> the -debuginfo package.  Then their crash handling code just needs to
> get the built RPM NVRA (it should probably be compiled in, but forking
> a "rpm -q" could work I guess), and their server side can fairly
> easily script a "wget
> http://download.fedoraproject.org/.../mozilla-debuginfo-12345.rpm".

After more discussion on Mozilla bugzilla the Mozilla would prefer to
give us an account to their crash-stat system and let us upload the
mentioned zip file after each released update. The scp is used to upload
debug symbols. However this require storage of private key which
shouldn't be exposed to public. Is there any way to launch such
operation and also keep the private key unpublished? I can provide
complete script which will extract zip file from rpm files and upload
them to Mozilla by using scp.
--
Jan