Fedora with Universal Binaries?

Ikem Krueger ikem.krueger at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 26 16:28:05 UTC 2009

> I just saw this article about an effort to create Universal binary style ELF
> binaries for Linux, and I thought that this would be something to watch, so
> that Fedora could integrate both x86-32 and x86-64 into single DVD sets.
I don't suggest to do that. As already mentioned, that would double
the size of the distro/iso. I would use this technic only, if
neccessary.

About "fat-elf" in general: As long as it is optional, I am fine with
it. May it at compile time or after compiling by stripping binaries.
(I'd like to see both options.)