Looking into LLVM

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Oct 27 02:14:41 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 11:36 -0400, Rik van Riel wrote:

> > I was asking if anybody has already tried that. Don't understand the
> > argument against it yet.
>
> If you had tried a project like this in the past, you would
> understand the reasons against it.
>
> If you do not understand those reasons from email, the only
> cure would be to try it yourself.  Then you will understand.

As Rahul already said, multiple times, he was not asking people to give
him their valuable opinion on whether it was a good idea or not. He was
just asking if anyone else had already tried it.

Personally I find it a bit presumptuous of all the people who jumped in
to tell him what a terrible idea it would be, as if he were proposing
that we do it in the official repos and make everyone use it or
something. He just asked a simple question, there was no need to spray
stop energy all over the place.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey